Software defined radio dongle, identical to our blue SDR stick, except that it lacks the 1090 Mhz filter. That means it can be used for 978 UAT ADS-B in the US, VHF, VHF ACARS, and a lot more. For standard 1090Mhz ADS-B, we recommend the blue stick that includes an on-board filter for optimal performance. (B09F2ND4R6 on Amazon)
- Aluminum SDR case for effective heat dissipation and interference reduction
- Standard RTL2832U / R860 (same as R820T2) chipset
- Unfiltered to allow use on 978 Mhz UAT ADS-B (US), and VHF, VHF ACARS, or anything else.
- Plug and play with the ADSBexchange SDcard software image for Raspberry pi to add 978 UAT reception. Other uses require user to install/configure appropriate software.
- 0.5 PPM TCXO to prevent frequency drift as temperature changes.
Adding to Pi with another SDR? Don't forget the USB Extension cable, the ports on a pi are tight....